Tuesday 3 August 2010

And so it begins

Sorry that I haven't written the second part of my post on medical school, I have been extremely busy these last few weeks. The second part will be written, I promise. I just need to wait until everything has calmed down a bit first so I can concentrate.

Tomorrow morning I will be the FY1 doctor for obstetrics and gynaecology at this hospital. The shadowing period over, I am going to be flying solo tomorrow for the very first time. Obviously I will be supported by my senior colleagues but I will no longer have someone looking over my shoulder every second of the day. What's even scarier is that I am expected to know stuff! O&G has never been my strongest subject and I really hope that my ignorance isn't exposed too much.

Anyway, I'll leave it there. Wish me luck tomorrow and hopefully next time I write, the body count will still be at zero!

Simon

No comments:

Post a Comment